Monday, August 29, 2011

Life's Simple Pleasures

Part of living a simple life is learning to appreciate the little things that make us smile and say, "This is the LIFE!" I decided to make a list of what I think are my life's simple pleasures. In no particular order of importance, this is what I have come up with so far.

Warm batch of white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies.
Clean sheets.
Ice cold water.
Warm towel right out of the dryer.
Music by Michael Buble.
Home cooked meal.
Friends who randomly check up on me and my family.
A stranger's smile.
My children's laughters.
A vehicle with working a/c.
Comfortable shoes.
Unexpected compliment.
Cool fall breeze.
Love letters.
Surprise package in the mail.
My daughter's drawings of our family.
My husband.
Chocolate.
Childhood photographs.
My humble home.
A warm bath.
My newborn baby boy.
Second chances.
Skype to stay connected with my brother and his family in Hawai'i.
Books.
Anticipation of the fall season and cool weather to come.
Weekends with my family.
Date night at home after the kids have gone to sleep.
Hot chocolate.
Chilled watermelon on a hot summer day.
The sound of rain after months of 100+ degree temperatures and drought.
2-hour lunch with close friends.
Snow.
Plumeria from our garden.


What do you consider as simple pleasures in your life?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...