Monday, August 22, 2011

My Personal Blog Goals

When I first started this blog, I had all these incredible ideas running around in my mind.  I figured I would be so busy blogging every day that I wouldn't be able to peel myself away from the computer.  I was so excited about sharing all my thoughts on how we can better our lives and how to continue keeping our planet green.  But to be perfectly honest, that has only happened in my mind.  All my plans on being busy with this blog were detoured when my 3rd child decided to show up 4 weeks early.  So unfortunately, I had to put blogging and my etsy shop on hold for a little while. But it didn't change the fact that I was antsy all the time about sitting at the computer to blog or at my desk to create more products for my boutique.  I find myself wishing there were more hours in the day so that I can do all of that, take care of my three children under age 5, homeschool, cook, clean, do the laundry, and still find time to sleep.  Of course, I'd have to be Super Mom to do that.  With that in mind, I realized that it wasn't about wishing, it was about being organized with my time.  I needed to be better with managing it, so that I didn't waste any minute wondering where the time went.  So as of today, I created a (better) schedule for myself that I hope I will be able to follow.  I have so many dreams for this blog that I don't have a choice but to follow this new schedule.

For this post, I would like to share with you my personal goals for The Green House.  First and foremost, I want to use this outlet to share all the possible ways we can become or continue to be more green.  I want to show that it's not difficult to pass down these habits to our children in hopes that they can do the same for the next generation and so on.  I want to spotlight websites and news that will enable all of us to do as little or as much as we can to help ourselves, our neighbors, and our planet to run as efficiently and cleanly as possible.  At the same time, I want to include reviews on other fun, family-friendly, debt-reducing, and life-simplifying products and services.  Since I just started blogging, and I don't have a large following on Facebook or Twitter yet, I don't expect to be contacted by a rush of people and companies to do reviews.  In the meantime, I have to come up with my own ideas for reviews.  As I continue to build my "fan base," I'm hoping to eventually attract businesses who will want me to review for them.

So here's to the endless possibilities that this blog could create for me...and for you.  Here's to making dreams into realities.  And here's to upcycling life by going green!  Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you found my thoughts and ideas interesting enough to come back again and maybe share this blog with others.  Mahalo nui loa!  Thank you very much!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...