Monday, November 21, 2011

Minimalist Monday: Simple Holiday Decorations

This past weekend, we brought out all of our Christmas bins from the attic and started to decorate our home.  Yes, it may be a bit early, and my husband gave it a second thought after turning on the lights outside and neighbors slowed down to stare, but the kids were happy, and so were we.  Before the holidays, I tackled on the goal of getting rid of some of our holiday "stuff."  I succeeded with getting rid of at least two bins full.  After Halloween and this past weekend, I added another bin of items to our garage sale stack.  I'm hoping that by the time I'm done going through the Christmas boxes that I will have been able to part with more things.  The point of all this decluttering?  To have a more simple holiday season this year and for years to come.

Are you looking to minimize your holiday decor as well?  I roamed the web for ideas to give you some leads on how you can keep your Christmas this year more simple.

Christmas Tree Alternatives



Gift Wrapping


Displaying Christmas Cards


Decorations in a Jar
The source of the photo is unknown, but I think it's pretty self-explanatory.



If you don't have a lot of the supplies you see on the photos already, you'd be amazed at what you can find at the dollar store or garage sales.  Have fun going through all of your existing decorations, and see if you can create new things from them while bidding adieu to ones you don't really care for anymore.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...