Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year. New Intentions.

Last year, I had a long list of things that I wanted to accomplish and attain.  Sadly, upon looking at those resolutions, I found that I didn't complete as much as I had hoped.  But I was happy to see that the most important ones, such as being more Earth-conscious and more financially responsible, were surprisingly "marked off" the list.  And since we as a family did so great with those goals, we decided to continue with the same ones for 2012.  Keeping my three blog missions (being green, frugal, and simple) in mind, this is what we "intend" to begin or to better for this new year:

Living GREEN
  • Continue to use cloth diapers and begin using cloth wipes on our Little Peanut.
  • Make my own baby food using organic produce.
  • Continue to use cloth wipes for cleaning (instead of paper towels) and begin using cloth napkins.
  • Remove all plastic and non-BPA-free household items and toys, and purchase only eco-friendly products.
  • Start a wardrobe consisting of only organic, fair-trade clothing that support and help Mother Nature.
  • Purchase and/or attempt to make our own organic and/or all-natural beauty and household cleaning products.
  • Continue to purchase organic, all-natural foods and avoiding eating out at places that don't offer them on their menus.
  • Continue to compost and recycle.


Living FRUGAL
  • Pay off ALL debt.  We are finally on the homestretch, and it feels great to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Buy only what we need when we need it, and not when something is on sale and ends up not being used, worn, or consumed.
  • Take advantage of any free or low-cost events for the whole family.
  • Give homemade or upcycled gifts.
  • Schedule indoor date nights, since we still have a baby who needs constant nursing.
  • Register the kids' extracurricular classes (i.e. dance, karate, soccer, etc.) at recreation or youth centers.


Living SIMPLE and ORGANIZED
  • Continue donating or recycling everything that is no longer being used or has never been used.
  • Remember that we do not need more stuff before purchasing more...stuff.
  • Continue to declutter the kids' clothes, shoes, toys, and books.
  • Enjoy indoor activities when the weather is not on our side (i.e. picnics in the living room, camping by the fireplace, dress-up, etc.).


I know a lot of what I've mentioned above belong under the other categories as well, but you get the point.  Now, I'd be lying if I said that that is all I'd like to accomplish this year, but they are the ones that I know we as a family can work together to achieve.  We'd also like do the following, but it'll take a lot more effort, time, and prayer for them to happen:
  • Lose weight by becoming more active again.
  • Schedule and keep yearly health related appointments.
  • Take our first (green and fully paid-in-cash) family vacation in years.
  • Read more books and magazines.  Watch less TV.
  • Complete all unfinished home renovations.
  • Visit an orphanage during the Christmas season.

I'm sure there are other things I've missed, but that is all that have come to mind as I'm posting this.  I know we may come across a lot of forks on the road and many unexpected roller coasters, but I also know that anything and everything is possible if you want it bad enough.  And we do! Good luck with all of your intentions for 2012!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...