Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Review: Madwestdesigns Crocheted Beanies

As I have mentioned on previous posts, I am a huge fan of Etsy shops and anyone who makes anything by hand. Being an Etsy shop owner myself, I understand the time it takes to craft individual pieces to give them their unique beauties. Madwestdesign items are no different. Born and bred from brainchild, Marie West in Australia, the online boutique offers knitted and crocheted items for children and adults. I was fortunate enough to review 3 beautiful crocheted beanies for my little ones.



Each of the hats are made with pure Australian wool, processed locally at the Bendigo Woollen Mills. They are simple in design but can easily be matched with casual or formal clothing. They fit comfortably on my children's heads, which is always a plus. From a parent's perspective, they feel soft and gentle and do not appear to agitate my children's skins. The beanies are stretchy and do not leave red marks or indentations on their foreheads.  And they appear to be breathable in nature, so my children are finding themselves warm but not sweaty.

The dark blue color used for my 3-year-old son's hat is a good solid color that allows preschool boys to feel grown up but can still pass off looking charming in our eyes. I can tell from the way it feels that he can grow into this beanie for more years to come.


I love the added flower to my daughter's beanie.  It's the perfect size for a 5-year-old who loves getting dolled up. It's not overwhelming or over-the-top with glitz or shimmer. Rather, it's a subtle flare that she can continue to wear in a year or two when she might feel that like she's too old for flowers.



I love the light blue color chosen for my baby boy's beanie. It's a shade that is becoming of a toddler-in-training.  I adore the simplicity of both the boys' hats as well as the tassels that give them just a little extra cuteness.


The beanies are machine washable but are suggested to be hand washed instead. Peruse through Marie's Etsy shop to view the different beanies, lovely scarves, and comfy-looking footwear. You can contact Marie directly to discuss different sizes or colors. Here are some examples of other items in her shop.



Marie's customer service is impeccable, evident in her patience for this review, as she has waited for it for months.  I would like to publicly express my deepest and most sincere apologies to her, her family, and to her devoted fans for the delay of this review. You can read more about Marie on her blog, connect with her on Facebook, follow on Twitter, and check out her favorites on Pinterest

Even though it is the summer season in the United States, and we have reached scorching 100-degree temperatures in the South, my children still love to wear their beanies wherever we go. People pass by them and can't decide whether to give me the "don't you know it's really hot outside?" look, or smile because the beanies look so adorable on them. Either way, the kids are content, and so am I. I couldn't help but add this photo of my son as his "thumbs up" is how we all feel about Marie and Madwestdesigns!  


The Green House Disclosure:  I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.  The products(s) in this review was provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting this review.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...